Building & Renovations

Our Building & Renovations page offers bylaws, information and forms related to Development and Building in Delburne.

Land Use Bylaw:

Delburne's Land Use Bylaw outlines the regulations for the use and development of land and buildings in the Village of Delburne. 

Delburne's Land Use Bylaw
Delburne's Land Use Bylaw Map

Fawn Meadows Estates:

Fawn Meadows Estates Policies & Procedures

Alberta One-Call

Whether you are landscaping, building a new fence or deck, or simply planting a garden, disturbing the ground on your property can cause damage to a buried utility. Some utilities are buried mere centimetres below the surface.

The result of a contact with a buried line can range from loss of an essential service for you or your neighbours to serious injury or fatalities. The financial costs of repairing any damage you cause to a buried utility will be borne by you, the excavator. Before you disturb the ground for any reason:

Know What's Below

Contact Alberta One-Call to request that the buried utilities on your property be located and marked at least three full working days before you plan to dig. Remember that during the busy Spring or Fall seasons, it may take longer for utility owners to respond, so contact them early. 

Alberta One-Call will send a ticket to the Village of Delburne to locate the water & sewer lines on your property.

To submit a locate request via phone, contact Alberta One-Call at: 1-800-242-3447

Alberta One-Call is recommending that homeowners fill out an online locate request form as they are experiencing a higher call volume. Visit their site at the link below:

Alberta One-Call

Building & Development

Below you will find information and forms for submitting a Development Permit Application and a Building Permit Application.

Please submit both application forms with their required additional documentation at the same time.


Permit Fees & Inspections


Development Permit and Building Permit fees must be made at the Village office (2111 20th Street).  

We accept cash, cheque or debit only.

Development Permit Fees

Bylaw 1171/2021 - The Fees & Charges Bylaw outlines the Development Permit fees as well as the Subdivision & Development Appeal fees.

The Fees & Charges Bylaw


Demolition Permit Fee

If you are looking to demolish a building on your property, the Demolition Permit fee is $95.00.


Building Permit Fees

Building Permit fees are paid at the Village office but are issued and inspected through IJD Inspections

Building Permit Fee Guide


Electrical, Gas & Plumbing Permits

IJD Inspections also issues electrical, gas and plumbing permits. Permit application forms, for electrical, gas and plumbing, as well payment must be done through IJD Inspections

Email: info(at)
Phone: 403-346-6533
Toll free: 1-877-617-8776
IJD Inspections website


New Build - When to call for Inspections?
Residential Inspection Stages

Development Permits

Click below to download the Development Permit Application Form:
Development Permit Application Form

Demolition Permit:

If you are demolishing a building on your property, you need to fill out the Demolition Permit Application Form. Demolition Permits follow the same process as Development Permits. Click below to download the application form:

Demolition Permit Application Form


Development Permit Process:

The Development Permit Officer has 40 days to look at your development permit application and make a decision.
Once approved, there is a 21 day waiting period to allow the public to respond to it. If all goes well, development can begin on the 22nd day.
Learn about the development permit process:
Delburne in Detail: Development Permits



What is needed with the Development Permit Application form?
  • Development Application fee (see Fees & Charges Bylaw)
    • Cheque, cash or debit only
  • A scaled site plan
  • A copy of the Certificate of Title to the land and, if the applicant is not the owner, a statement of the applicant’s interest in the land together with the written consent of the owner to the application.
  • If required, a copy of the building plans.
Do I need a Building Permit? What is the difference between a Development Permit and a Building Permit?

A development permit is not the same as a building permit. A development permit allows a specific type of development on a specific parcel of land in the community to proceed with the zoning and development bylaws of the municipality.

A building permit allows for construction of buildings or structures to proceed on condition of compliance with the Alberta Building Code, which addresses public safety and welfare. Most types of construction projects require both a development permit and a building permit. This includes major renovations to existing buildings, as well as the construction of new buildings.

If your development project involves construction then a building permit along with the supporting documents are required along with the development permit application.

Please submit both application forms with their required additional documentation at the same time.

Building Permits


Click below to download the Building Permit Application Form:

Building Permit Application Form

*Make sure that you have all of the required information, documentation and additional forms for your Building Permit Application Form.


Click to download:

Building Permit Application Form Checklist
Building Permit Requirements

Additional Forms:

Your building permit might require additional forms. Click to download.

Accessory Building: garage, shed, etc.
Home Additions
Manufactured Homes
Mobile Home Additions
Wood Burning Units