FCSS~Family Community Support Services
So What is FCSS Anyways? - Results that should follow:
- Help people to develop independence, strengthen coping skills and become more resistant to crisis.
- Help people to develop awareness of social needs.
- Help people to develop interpersonal and group skills which enhance constructive relationship among people.
- Help people and communities to assume responsibility for decisions and actions which affect them.
- Provide supports that help sustain people as active participants in the community.
FCSS funds are governed by a provincial mandate that focuses on prevention (not intervention or recreation). My role is to empower community members to move forward on what matters most to them. For intervention based issues, we provide referrals and connections to resources.
FCSS on YouTube click HERE
"Social capital refers to networks of social connection – doing with. Doing good, for other people, however laudable, is not part of the definition of social capital” — Putnam, 2000.
For more information contact Carol at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 403-749-3654
Fax - 403-749-2800