FCSS~Family Community Support Services
- Help people to develop independence, strengthen coping skills and become more resistant to crisis.
- Help people to develop awareness of social needs.
- Help people to develop interpersonal and group skills which enhance constructive relationship among people.
- Help people and communities to assume responsibility for decisions and actions which affect them.
- Provide supports that help sustain people as active participants in the community.
We rely on our local community organizations to make Delburne a better place to live.
Volunteers play an important role in our community and many choose to take leadership roles by sitting on boards for these non-profit organizations.
To help better understand how a board can work more effectively and efficiently, Delburne FCSS has chosen to co-sponsor an Open Workshop from Alberta Culture’s Board Development Program.
This workshop is designed for individual board volunteers and non-profit staff from a non-profit organization as well as anyone generally interested in governance.
Space is limited to 25 participants. The $10 fee will offset the cost of lunch.
Attached is a registration form that we are asking each participating organization to complete.
This information will assist the presenters in better tailoring this workshop.
Building an effective board of directors is a critical part of governance and has a huge impact on the success of the organization.
Please feel free to contact me if you require additional information.
I would also welcome the opportunity to attend your next meeting to further explain the benefits of participating in this workshop.
Hope you are able to attend.